Love great food but don’t have the time to spend hours slaving away in the kitchen? You need to start making food that can multi-task.
Homemade hummus is a perfect example. It’s quick to prepare and will perk up any meal or lunchbox – try it with salads, toast, jacket potatoes, roasted veg and so much more.
To make this easy no-cook hummus simply blitz together the following ingredients in a food processor or in a bowl with a hand-held blending stick:
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- lots of salt and pepper to season
Hummus goes with just about everything. Here are a few ideas for how to serve your delicious and nutritious dip!
- with toasted pitta bread, carrots and cucumber
- to perk up a sad salad
- in a wrap with griddled chicken (or aubergine)
- with bread sticks for an easy lunch on–the-go
- as part of a mezze-style spread – serve in a bowl with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of paprika